Research data proves that diverse teams and companies outperform. Check out these resources for data about D&I programs, suggestions, open-sourced projects. We hope that this is living document. Please contact us for suggestions.
Data and Research
- McKinsey & Company Delivering through diversity report. Key findings from January 2018 include
1. Companies in the top-quartile for gender diversity on executive teams were 21% more likely to outperform on profitability and 27% more likely to have superior value creation.
2. Companies in the top-quartile for ethnic/cultural diversity on executive teams were 33% more likely to have industry-leading profitability
3. Overall, companies in the bottom quartile for both gender and ethnic/ cultural diversity were 29% less likely to achieve above-average profitability than were all other companies in their data set.
- Harvard Business Review: The Latest Research – Diversity report, 2016
- HBR’s latest online Diversity posts are here.
Recommended Action Items
- Project Include – This organization posts recommendations on how to build a D&I culture.
- Hire Tech Ladies – This website helps connect tech makers with companies. Post a job, find a job, join the community.
Open Sourced Ideas
- Buffer’s Diversity Dashboard – Buffer open sources their D&I initiatives, including what data is tracked and how.
- Clef’s Employee Handbook “built for inclusion” – Open- sourced on Github. Clef was a 2fa security company that prioritized inclusion. The community and product that they built remains enviable.